It's easy to setup a Rails app to access an AWS Elasticsearch instance through version 4 signature. This are the versions of the resources used:
- Ruby version 2.1.8
- Rails version 3.2.22
- gem elasticsearch-transport-aws4 version 2.0.0
- gem faraday_middleware-aws-signers-v4 version 0.1.6
Creating the AWS Elasticsearch instance
It's very easy to create and configurate your AWS Elasticsearch instance. Just follow the steps below.
Enter your AWS Console and search for Elasticsearch
Following the image sequence below, search for Elasticsearch service on AWS:
- Click in Services (the first menu button)
- Enter 'elasticsearch' on the input and choose the 'Elasticsearch Service'
- On Elasticsearch Service dashboard, click the button Create a new domain
Choose the instance configuration. Any doubts, just click in the question mark on right top - same line of the title, 'Configure cluster'.
- Define the policy
Click in Modify access policy when changing or...